Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

CToPas Update 2.17.8.2010

Good news "I guess", is CToPas 2.0 now runs under Vista and Windows 7, but there is a catch! Not really, just adjust the Compatibility options as I explained note below "How to run CToPas 2.0 under Vista". Same instructions apply to Windows 7.
In this release, I have changed the way CToPas 2.0 create and open data and project files too! Previous releases, data and project files created and read to/from application's folder, but in this release data and project files created and read to/from ..\Program Files\CToPas\ folder. This way, Vista and/or Windows 7 won't be whinning or whinging no more, except compatibility issues!
Well, the reason of the compatibility issues are, when I started writing supporting functions for my other projects and CToPas, I used Delphi 2.0 and Delphi 4.0, so lots of supporting code contains lots of 16 bit data, functions, procedures, etc. that is why CToPas all releases have same issue, I am working on the separating code using conditonal defines but, if you are dealing thousands of lines of code, it is not easy as it seems... so be patient mates! Soon, will be there, hey free-bees dont come cheap ey mate ;))
Well said enough, you can download new release here
Happy coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment